2/09/2008

What is China, moon and flower?

Their is a famous Chinese saying:
the Moon in the water, and the flower in the mirror
(in Chinese:镜花水月,pingyin:jing4 hua1 shui3 yue4)
Sounds nice?
But it's use to description the kind of things that looks nice, but not true; or the things that you have try hardly to get, but false at last.
Not a good word, right? But don't you think that it's a beautiful word?
Actually, this word is first appeared in Chinese Buddhism books. The Buddha told us that everything is not exist. Everything you are longing for, would destroy and disppare; and at last, youself will be dead and disppared too.
So, it's a sad and beautiful world.
All the Chinese Articles are like these: saddly,but beautifully.
If you understand it, you can understand China.
This why I named my blog: China, moon and flower.

I living in China, Shenzhen. Shenzhen is a beautiful city in South China, lying next to HongKong. As the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games come closer and closer, I find that lots of Foreigners show great interest at my country. What is more, I find that their are so many misunderstand around my country. So, I decided to write this blog, to interduce China to so many friends in other countries.
My English is not so well. Writing articles in English is hard to me, but I'll try my best. If you find any problems in the article, tell me please.
And the most important is: if you have any problem in China, tell me at once, I'll write the answer in my blog.

No comments: